The name given to the tight trousers worn by some Regency gentlemen, such as the notorious Beau Brummell and his ‘dandy’ followers, as they showed off their leg muscles.
Do you have a few hours to spare for The Judge’s Lodging?
We need volunteers to join our friendly team. If you have a bit of time to spare, we can give you a great experience looking after this amazing place!
- welcome our visitors
- serve up treats in our volunteer-run tearoom
- look after the Lodging’s objects
- research for our changing exhibitions
- help take care of the building
- keep us looking presentable
- keep our garden tidy
- research and care for our local history collections*
At times to suit you!
If you’re interested in volunteering with us, email email@example.com, or ring 01544 260650 and we will arrange a time to have a chat with you.
You can find out a bit more about our volunteering roles in our downloadable leaflet Becoming a Volunteer at The Judge’s Lodging
*Please note that at present the research and local history collection care team is full. If this is your particular interest, do still get in touch and we can put you onto our list for future involvement.